Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail - Cheryl Strayed

I really enjoyed "Wild." Cheryl Strayed's prose is witty and funny and definitely keeps you engaged from start to finish. I finished "Wild" in one sitting, and I'm not a fast reader. "Wild" is Strayed's memoir about her mid-twenties following the death of her mother. After essentially hitting rock bottom, she decides almost on a whim to hike the Pacific Crest Trail through California and Oregon. Her story is sad, funny, and she holds nothing back in telling it. She shares every detail, no matter how personal, and her experiences both on and off the trail are definitely personal. Anybody timid about sexuality might want to look for something else. Or not, you could probably use a little shaking up. Anybody with an interest in backpacking would enjoy her story, but I imagine even "indoor kids" would get a kick out of this book. Strayed herself is not an experience backpacker so the story is one of a beginner, and her intended audience is not a bunch of wilderness experts. I'm making an effort right now to try to read more works by women to help balance out my literary foundation and am very glad that I picked Cheryl's memoir to read.